What Is Hyaluronic Acid?
Undeniably more hydration than hype, Hyaluronic Acid (also known as HA) is a naturally occurring chemical compound found in your body that has the ability to lock moisture deep into the epidermis and keep it there, which in turn keeps your skin plumped, balanced and healthy-looking.
The benefits of Hyaluronic Acid
- Improves skin texture: Hyaluronic Acid replenishes your skin’s moisture reserves and supports moisture retention, leading to an improvement in overall texture.
- Retains moisture: Hyaluronic Acid is well known to hold a very impressive 1,000 times its weight in moisture.
- Smooths fine lines: Hyaluronic Acid replenishes lost moisture, and since dehydration is one of the main causes of fine lines, it helps to smooth your skin’s appearance.
- Absorbs easily: Hyaluronic Acid is has a lightweight texture and is able to absorb quickly into the skin, making it a great choice for blemish-prone and oily skin types.
- Reduces redness: Hyaluronic Acid can actually soothe skin and help to reduce the appearance of redness and blemishes.
- Supports skin cell renewal: Hyaluronic Acid can help to support skin cell renewal, which means more efficient skin cell turnover and a more refreshed complexion.
- Suitable for all skin types: For the most part, Hyaluronic Acid is non-irritating and suitable for use for all skin types.
How and when to use Hyaluronic Acid
So, is Hyaluronic Acid good for oily skin? Yes. Is Hyaluronic Acid good for a plethora of other skin concerns? Absolutely. Now that you know all about the powerful skin benefits of Hyaluronic Acid, let’s discuss how to seamlessly incorporate it into your routine.
Skincare products that contain Hyaluronic Acid come in all shapes and sizes, from essences to serums to masks and more, all of which are easy to use and often feature other powerful ingredients such as Vitamin C to make the product even more beneficial. Hyaluronic Acid can be used morning or night, or both to increase its efficacy.
How to boost the skin benefits of Hyaluronic Acid
The easiest way for your skin to absorb the bounty of benefits that Hyaluronic Acid brings is in the form of a serum, because serums have the ability to deliver potent ingredients directly into the skin.
Clinically proven to increase deep skin hydration for up to 72 hours,* Everhydrate Marine Moisture-Restore Serum is powered by different molecular weights of Hyaluronic Acid that pull moisture into your skin and intensively hydrate at multiple levels. Instead of drying your face after cleansing, the key to the maximising the hydration process is to keep your skin damp when applying your serum because it drags water into your skin and helps increase absorption.
*Clinical study on 30 volunteers ages 22-65 with Fitzpatrick types II to IV