The facts about our all-new Aluminium Sample:
● The tube and nozzle are made from recycled and recyclable aluminium, helping reduce plastic waste as part of our Zero Waste Skincare pledge.
● The reclosable break-off nozzle avoids the use of tamper seals or mini plastic caps
● Made using 95% PCR and 5% PIR recycled aluminium which promotes circular aluminium recycling
● Aluminium tube is more pliable, meaning you can get more product out, reducing formula waste
Why we’ve used Aluminium
● Aluminium is widely recycled and its recovery method from waste allows high recycling rates
● The average recycling rate for aluminium packaging is 69%
● Aluminium is infinitely recyclable - a huge amount of the aluminium that has ever been produced is still in use (almost 75%)
● Using recycled aluminium saves 95% of energy needed to produce virgin aluminium
● Recycled aluminium has a lower carbon footprint compared to the same tube made of virgin aluminium
“There is no silver bullet with recycling, so we have implemented various solutions to meet our Zero Waste pledge*. REN Clean Skincare is the first beauty brand to have developed, in collaboration with Tubex, a unique re-closable and recyclable sample size tube made using 100% recycled aluminium. While more costly, we are committed to using these new tubes to reduce plastic waste and hope to encourage other beauty brands to rethink their sample packaging with the planet in mind.”
Arnaud Meysselle, CEO REN Clean Skincare.
Tubex is a global leader in producing aluminium tubes. Partnering with specialists means together we can create solutions to the waste problem we are all facing. With over 70 years’ experience, they are dedicated to developing innovative solutions that facilitate circular reuse of the planet’s natural resources.
1. Sky News